If you live within the city limits of Amboy, you may get a library card free of charge, as part of your tax-supported library service for a period of 3 years. If you live outside Amboy’s city limits, you may purchase a non-resident card for $50 which entitles your entire family to the borrowing privileges of a City of Amboy resident for a period of 1 year.
Your library card allows you to:
- Borrow books from us and from most other public libraries in Illinois.
- Use special online collections to find magazine articles and information you can’t get just by searching the web.
- The ability to make interlibrary loan (ILL) requests for materials not found on our shelves.
- Check out any of our wide selection of DVD’s, audiobooks, and even fishing poles!
- Access to E-books and audiobooks using the Libby App. The app is very easy to install and user friendly. Simply click the link below using your phone or tablet and follow the steps to start! Patrons will need to use the last 5 digits of their library card to sign in. Feel free to call us at 815-857-3925 if you need any help setting up your account or for your sign in number.
To get a library card, stop by the circulation desk with a recent piece of mail that shows your current address.